Experience: 5 to 7 Years
- Design of permanent way solutions for engineering projects in accordance with client requirements
- Track alignment design, preferably with the use of software tools. Knowledge in horizontal and vertical alignment design in different stages (concept to detail)
- Finalization of track components specification, their costing and procurement
- Sound knowledge of track interfaces with other systems such signaling, traction power, civils, etc. and the ability to communicate and integrate with the relevant designers to find holistic railway system solutions
- Preparation of BOQ
- Track design of light rail systems nationally or internationally would also be advantageous
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team prepare and finalize various reports such as FR, TFR, DPR, Project assessment, etc.
- Liaise with clients to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner, and that project requirements are met.
- Communicate the project status & completion timeliness to the clients & the management.
- Assists in preparation of bid process and providing bid assistance to different types of clients
- Auto Cad and Microsoft Office.
- Bentley Rail Track, PowerRail, OpenRail etc.- Optional.
- B. Tech/M. Tech in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised institution
- Experience of 5-7 years in track design and should have been involved as a team member in completing at least one major project from concept to design to approvals/commissioning.
- Knowledge of IRPWM (Indian Railways Permanent Way manual), IRS (Indian Railway standards), RDSO Drawings, Railway Circulars etc as relevant to permanent way design