Experience: 7 to 10 Years
Education: M.Tech (Structures)
- Structural analysis and design of structures based on IS/IRC/IRS/BS Codes. • Prepare/Design and oversee the structural designs, drawings, estimates and BOQ.
- Preparing Structural design calculations for various structural elements and obtain approvals from the Client or third parties.
- Proof checking of structural designs • Should have knowledge of tools like AutoCAD/Micro station and ensuring drawings are prepared in accordance with CAD standards, internationally recognized standard formats, etc.
- Active involvement and contribution in preparation of Feasibility and Detailed Project Reports, BOQ, Tenders and Estimations.
- Liaise with the Client to understand their requirements and provide optimal solutions to meet their goals.
- Integrating engineering designs from other complex railway skill areas such as signaling, electrification, permanent way, etc.
- Planning the phasing from Preliminary Design stage to Construction stage, including As-Built drawings.
- Ensuring that designs maximize sustainability outcomes during design phase and over whole life of project.
- Producing concept and outline design proposals that solve client challenges in the maintenance, renewal, and enhancement of railways.
- Structural inspection and assessment of bridges and other railway structures along with required strengthening requirements, if any.
- Coordination with Regional Offices in relations of structural design
- Knowledge of different relevant IEC, EN, RDSO standards and drawing and other statutory requirements.
- Coordinate with QC department to ensure quality of deliverables.
Structural and Bridge design software (LUSAS/MIDAS/STAAD Pro/SAP, Sofistick, etc.)
- Candidate must be post-graduate M.E/MTech (Structures)
- Experience of 7-10 years in the design of PSC / RCC/ROB/RUB/FOB and Steel bridges, station buildings and other railway/metro related structures
- Hands-on Indian Railway Bridges and Station Building related design engineering experience of about 3-5 years is a must.